Saturday 26 November 2011

...the weekend begins

Let me start by stating that I am happily married to K, living in a cosmopolitan city. My husband and I both work for the software IT industry. We both believe in the spirit of the Millionaire Next Door. We feel, that if we were to save most of what we earn and at the same time maintain a semblance of work-life balance, concentrate on our personal life as much as our professional's : we would both be happier in the long run.

Today, we got up around 7, had dosas with chutney powder for breakfast because I had run out of coriander leaves essential to make chutney, and headed out to the local bus stand. K is appearing for an interview with a huge MNC one of the Big 4's in hope of a job change that would bring him a huge promotion and salary hike. Both of us are trying for a child and if I do conceive, then a better paying job would indeed help us. Because the interview was located in a part of the city we were not very familiar of, we decided yesterday night that we would take the public transport. 

Yesterday night, I went online on our laptop, and located the location of the place on google maps and from google maps I was able to link it to the public transport bus route website and I happened to find the bus no. that would take us to the locality. This locality also has some malls nearby so I decided I would go along with my husband and browse through the local malls while my husband attended the interview. 

In order to minimize the cost of travel, we both bought day-passes when we boarded the bus and he dropped us to my husband's interview location. From there, K went ahead to attend his interview, while I roamed around the area in search of malls. It was a more pricey locality than the one I live in usually so I did not buy anything.. From the title of this blog, you should know that I am a person who has been brought up and is living the life of a Middle Class Indian. I doubt if  I would ever spend the money that the malls charge for clothes and shoes... Any how I amused myself keeping in mind that I did not really need anything, and K was done with his interview and he had aced it :).. There would be one more round, but they were promising a 15% hike from his current salary.. We headed back home in another bus (we did not have to pay for it as we had daily bus pass tickets) and I prepared lunch (cheaper than eating out). 

I made rice, dal and aloo sabzi... It was all in my pantry and we did not give in to the temptation of eating outside :) so I am glad that things worked out for us without spending any money on saturday apart from the daily bus passes which I can use incase I decide to go out in the evening as well :)

Total money Spent on Saturday : daily bus passes for two people : Rs. 180/-

No comments:

Post a Comment