Wednesday 23 May 2012

Reiki

So now that I have given you a hint that I fought with my mom last weekend for which I feel terribly guilty about right now - it was uncalled for and she is a really nice person at heart, and that I am probably suffering from some form of prenatal depression leading to such outbursts, it was time to take serious action.

Counseling from two cousins (one of who has suffered from this during her own pregnancy, the other being a doctor by profession), and a lot of therapy talk with another pregnant friend - made me realize that it is about time I started Paranayama. But it is easier said than done. Just because I want to sit and meditate does not mean I am going to sit cross-legged, breathe-in/breathe-out and suddenly hope to turn into a calmer person overnight.

The cousin then suggested that I practice a form of Reiki Meditation where in I imagine a ball of light (yellow color) coming from the sky touching my forehead asking me to be in peace with myself and my surroundings. I then imagine that the same ball touches the forehead of DH , inlaws, parents and other loved ones - making them all in peace with me. This in turn is supposed to help me realize that everyone around me wants only good things for me so I really should get less irritated with the people resulting in a calmer mind and lesser mood swings.

I will let you know if it works in the long run, so far it has been two days - and such things are branded a success after maybe 3 months ( that is how long it takes to make something a daily habit).

That's it for now! Wish me good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment