Thursday 12 January 2012

Random things that DID happen

Well, it has been a while since I last wrote to you so let me fill you in.

Mom fell sick last December. She had to be operated on and now she is doing just fine. What started as an allergic reaction to some meds led to her being hospitalized thanks to the money-making mentalities of some doctors in India (or where I live ). Anyway, after that scare, she is more or less fine. She had a year end trip with her sisters to her home-town to meet her mom and she survived that just fine.

I, on the other hand, had a great trip in Delhi. Bought lots of sweaters for my extended family and must I say that the Taj Mahal was every bit as awe-inspiring as I had ever hoped it would be :) Perhaps, it was the best trip the husband and I have had since our wedding :) It is thus no wonder, that we ended up conceiving a child while we were there :)

Yup! you read that right! I returned from the trip only to find a BFP on my pee-stick two weeks later. :)

So, that's my big news!!!!

I have decided to keep my baby-news a secret for the moment. I have told my folks, in laws, one friend and at work, and a best friend :) But the rest of the family does not know, and I would like to keep this news to myself for a while!!

At least till I get to see my first scan and realize that everything is fine :) fingers crossed!!!

Ever since, I got the confirmation that I am pregnant , I have been very careful about what I eat, and I plan to stay healthy and eat right all through my pregnancy. I hope this plan stays in place..

Well, that's it for now, take care and before I forget, wish you all a happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment