Thursday 1 December 2011

The office bus drive.

When I first joined this company, both my husband and I worked here and we used to commute by car. 15 days ago he changed companies, and I have been commuting to/fro office alone. I was using the public transport and I used to change 3 buses on my way to office, and change 2 on the way home. It was quite tiring. Thus, with the beginning of this month I enrolled for the office bus commute.

Yesterday, was my first day of commute with the office bus. We have AC buses in our city for public transport and our office bus is but an ordinary bus (no AC). Must say, so far I am not very impressed with the bus. The only positive is that the pick up/drop points are nearer to my house and I don't have to change buses during the commute to reach my destination. And of course, the office bus is cheaper( they charge me Rs. 1300/- for a month) when compared to the public transport (I have to pay around Rs.1500/- with monthly bus pass, else it costs around Rs. 2000/-) as they charge us subsidized rates.

So for this month, the office bus is what I shall be using to commute. I have not yet decided as to whether I would be using the same next month to commute or if I would shift back to the public transport.

No comments:

Post a Comment